Co-Investigator, Partnership to Advance Breast Cancer Research
Marj is co-leading a strategic planning process for the Partnership to Advance Breast Cancer Research, an effort to maximize the impact of the California Breast Cancer Research Program's Special Research Initiatives over the next five years. The goal of the planning process is to plan innovative research addressing the following questions:
- What are the most compelling strategies for research into eliminating environmental causes and exacerbations of breast cancer?
- What are the most promising research opportunities for eliminating the greater burden carried by groups of women who are more likely to get or die from this disease?
- What have been the impacts of research previously funded under the Special Research Initiatives?
- Where are the gaps and opportunities for high-impact research on population-level interventions on known or suspected breast cancer risk factors and protective measures?
- How can California resources best be used to advance progress in breast cancer prevention?
This planning process will be built on the successful planning process Marj led to plan the first five years of the Special Research Initiatives. Marj will be working closely with the Partnership to Advance Breast Cancer Research's two principal investigators:
Marj is convening and facilitating a steering committee of national experts in fields relevant to the Partnership's projected research agenda, and also managing opportunities for a variety of stakeholders to give input.